It often happens that you randomly click a selfie or think of a unique tweet or a cool status update, get tempted to share it with your family, friends, and followers, log into your account, post it on your profile, and successfully bag a decent number of likes, shares, or re-tweets on a status update or a random tweet at any given time of the day.
Try doing the same for your business. It won’t do the magic and your post wouldn’t create the right impact. It might even get overshadowed in the clutter of hundreds and thousands of updates flooding in the newsfeed every minute.
Why would this happen?
Because the efficacy of a social media strategy is strictly time bound!
Social media marketing is thriving with competition. All the credits go to its gargantuan scope that lets the businesses play with their creativity and try unique tactics to engage the customers. Social media marketing has turned out to be an extremely promising domain for a business to reach out to the masses, deliver their message across, and optimize their sales and conversions. However, a smart, on-point, and winning social media strategy will only make it to its objectives, provided it is executed keeping in view the time factor and the behavioral approach of your targeted audience.
Here, we are going to share the best times to execute your social media strategy for optimum impact on various social media platforms.
- Facebook – Although Facebook is the most populated of all social media platforms, in terms of online population at any given instant, the most number of posts are clicked at 3 PM and the most shares occur at 1 PM. Moreover, the best time to post them is on Friday evening when people are jovial and looking forward to the weekend.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn, the social entity for working professionals, works best when you activate and engage with your connections on weekdays, in and around the opening hours of workplaces and during mid-day breaks.
- Twitter – The trending patterns for Twitter vary from other social media channels. Tweeting on Wednesdays, from the afternoon till the evening, is the most suitable time to reach out to a majority of the population.
- Pinterest – Effective posting times for Pinterest vary as per the type and genre of business. While the weekend is generally the best time for all, the special days vary from Monday till Thursday, at least as far as fitness and fashion are concerned.
- Google+ – A post floated through your Google+ handle between 9–11 AM on a Wednesday morning will bag the most response.
- Instagram – Instagram thrives outside of regular working hours. A photo or video posted in the evening, between 7–9 PM, is likely to make a 34% more better impact than a post shared during the day time.
Social Media Trends and Forecasts for 2017
- Live Videos will rule engagement strategies, with over 9% marketers using the feature for their business promotion.
- The global expenditure of businesses on sponsored social media ads will exceed over $14 billion.
- 93% of global marketers will prioritize social media campaigns as their key online strategy.
- Facebook and YouTube will continue to be the favored medium for brand promotions, with over 65% increase in its usage.
- Snapchat has started to sneak into the limelight in 2016, and around 16% of businesses will use the app for their online promotions.