The influx of technology has completely transformed the face of the healthcare industry. This overhaul has not only altered the way people care about their health, but it has also had an impact on the mediums of connectivity between the patients and the healthcare physicians. The digital transition of the healthcare industry is more evident through the advent of specialized healthcare smartphone apps, healthcare Big Data in the form of EHR, virtual consultations and checkups, and personal healthcare devices for self-evaluation.
Digital patient engagement has brought about a significant impact in improving the quality of healthcare services. A research conducted by the Commonwealth Fund infers that healthcare technology has made it convenient for patients to stay informed regarding their health-related matters, employ efficient self-care measures, stay in the loop with the physician, and overcome redundant healthcare expenditures.
- Around 57% of the online population having some health-related queries looks for the relevant information on the internet.
- Around 19% of the global smartphone users have at least one healthcare app installed on their device.
- The most popular and frequently accessed healthcare applications include those related to weight loss, exercise and workouts, and diet plans.
- Around 54% patients trust the efficacy of digital mediums of communication in maintaining contact with their physicians.
Healthcare Industry and the Need for an Effective Content Strategy
The fact that people are looking for answers to their health-related queries online validates the potential and scope of content marketing for the healthcare industry. Content marketing in the healthcare industry is a great way to engage the patient by providing them the information they are looking for.
Blogs, articles, videos, tutorials, applications and virtual interaction with doctors and physicians are some common tools that can help the healthcare industry establish a strong online presence and create a sound followership for healthcare organizations.
Ad Retargeting as a Part of the Digital Healthcare Strategy
Retargeting is an effective strategy that tracks the visitors of your website and through Google ads, serves to remind and effectively attract customers and bring them into the fold. This cookie-based technology can be efficiently used to approach your potential customers and encourage them to schedule an appointment and avail your services. Here’s how the healthcare organizations can leverage their ad retargeting strategy:
- Formulate a strategy. Be specific about who you intend to target and design an ad that’s relevant.
- Do not annoy your audience by continuously feeding them the ad. Restrict your retargeting attempts if the visitor does not convert within a specific period of time.
- Follow HIPAA rules and regulations while devising your ad content.
The Virtues of Promoting Healthcare Services on LinkedIn
A digital healthcare marketing strategy is incomplete without tapping into the online audience present on the social media networks. LinkedIn, the professional social network with a population of over 350 million users, can be effectively used to promote health-related services and healthcare organizations. Here’s what it has to offer to the healthcare industry:
- Engagement with the masses through health-related groups
- Attracting and retargeting your audience through showcase pages
- Informative posts and articles
- Approaching your customers through sponsored ads and posts
- Engaging in a direct interaction with your potential customers
An overview of the digital trends of the industry has made it quite evident that the future of healthcare is digital. The healthcare industry has already taken a stride towards the next level of IT adoption and digital transformation.
It is about time the healthcare organizations transform and align their service designs with the digital trends, develop a better understanding about the expectations and requirements of the patients, and leverage the quality and efficiency of their services.